Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Respect for Pattern Designers

I am so thrilled with the response to the Two Hearts in Love quilt (pictured below), but someone asked me for the pattern I used for the border.  Big problem.  I didn't use a pattern, just had an idea in my head, put it on graph paper, applied crayons then went for it.  Yes, I made mistakes and enjoyed some quality time with my seam ripper.  But how to describe what I did and how I did it???  Mercy me, what a trial it was...sure hope the poor lady can figure out what I was talking about!  I did send her pictures, so I hope she can figure it out.  My respect for designers who publish their patterns has skyrocketed!!!

No comments: