Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Birmingham, England International Quilt Show

I got to go to England with 4 of my SewWhat quilting buddies in August.  We stayed with two lovely ladies (yep, they quilt too) in Lincolnshire...in wee little town that was beautiful, with such sweet people!  They took us on a coach with several other quilting groups to spend the day at the quilt show.  Everyone was so very nice to us!  Because it was a bit of a drive to Birmingham, we had a "comfort stop" of 10 minutes.  Let me tell you, all 50 of the ladies on the bus were in and out of the restroom and back on that coach in 10 minutes!!  Amazing how fast you can move when you are motivated!!  I have never seen such order in all my born days :)

The quilt show definitely set the bar high for any other quilt shows I go to.  There were around 2,000 quilts and probably 200 vendors.  No, I did not see all the quilts, nor did I get to all the vendors!  But I do have some gorgeous pictures to share with you.  I killed the battery on my camera part way through the show and had to use my iphone to take pictures for the rest of our trip!




Isn't this a cool quilt?  Looking from the front it is very confusing, but it has different pictures depicted on the accordion folds - I have never seen anything like this and it was awesome!!  As you can see, I tried to take a picture of the name of the quilt and the quilter, just to try to keep them straight.

I will be back with more pictures soon.  Driving home from my daughter's house tomorrow and I have a customer's quilt on the frame waiting for me.



3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - that's an amazing quilt! I've never seen anything like that!

Mother of four said...

We have some amazing quilter's here in the UK, some are in Wales and Scotland too.. Oh and Northern Ireland.
When you next want a trip to the UK, come stay with us, I am a Birmingham Virgin, and need to make inroads to get in through the doors, but... I would be staying there the night in one of the cheaper hotels, just so that we could view ALL of the sights.
If you're up for it, let me know so that I can make arrangements with my quilty colleagues in class.. spread the cost somewhat,

J x
your frazzled friend in Wales x

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely post, its so nice when bloggers post this stuff as many of us cannot ever get to these events in person!